Friday, October 29, 2010

A middle class, white girl problem

Say someone looked into our front window for purely innocent reasons...they'd see nothing but seafoam green carpet. No, we don't have living room furniture (yet.) But my husband tells me we're getting it soon. We're trying the whole "save before buying mentality." However, I feel our homestead is very crack house chic because we literally look like squatters. I had this cute idea that I'd flea market our furniture and reupholster our new couches with love. That's until I learned reupholstering is super hard.

Because I'd like furniture within the next century, we've decided to suck it up and pay for it at a "big kid" store. We're down to two choices:

First here's the room:



Note the carpet. And matching curtains.

So choice number one (keep in mind the carpet is staying for now)

TheNinesSofaToffeeF9
The Nines Sofa from Crate and Barrel. We'd order in this color because the other ones cost a bit more.

OR....I really like the Silhouette Sofa, and it's about $200 cheaper:
And here are the chairs (but we don't have chairs picked out if we get the Silhouette sofa)

TheNinesArmlsChrToffeeF9


Now for our West Elm likes. This one is a lot more expensive than the CB stuff, but the chairs are cheaper so it balances out (so we tell ourselves.)


Essex Sofa

Oliver Chair

Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kirks! I vote for the West Elm picks - the print is divine and the detail on the couch legs has so much more personality :)

    ReplyDelete