Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall is upon us

Since the last blog:
  • I turned 25. Quarter of a century. I'm not mad about it. People still think I'm 16, slightly annoying when I was 24 but a happy mistake when I'm 25. Another perk: Rental cars are more affordable even after I get the really expensive insurance cause I suck at driving.
  • Theresa Schneider drank a margarita at El Salto. My mother recently rediscovered her party pants at the ripe age of 50.
  • Joey's parents drove straight from Wylie, Texas, to Munster. We took them to Amish Country then because we're a sucker for juxtapositions the next day we went to Chicago. On the way, Joey finally, FINALLY saw Touchdown Jesus.
  • We got a dining room table. It seats six, so feel free to invite yourself to dinner.
  • We're planning (or maybe I'm just planning in my little heart) a trip to Europe. Chelsea's Eurovacation wish list: Paris, Rome, Czech Republic. Joey wants to hit the Eastern Seabord as in Washington, D.C., Boston, New York, upstate New York, Maine, etc. I think that would be way fun as well, so we shall see.
  • My life goal is to live a year abroad. Right now I'm leaning toward Paris or maybe the CR. Maybe we'll end up living in Texas for a year and I can count that as "abroad."
  • We're finding new places to eat, our next adventure is to Top Notch. Today we went to a Pancake House in Highland. LITERALLY the best thing ever...and it cost $15. We'll be back.
A foodie pick, if you will:



At Les Brothers Pancake House. Hot chocolate 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment