Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blue Stripes

Friends (or Joey who is the only other person who stalks this blog,)

We're at the end of our painting season...we've painted the big ol' room downstairs and then our bedroom. Now we have to wait for furniture to keep painting and the change out of the best seafoam green carpet known to man. We're thinking beige. The dogs are mistaking the green for grass if you know what I mean.

So now I'm switching gears to: PILLOWS for our gray couch which might I add went ON SALE at West Elm like the weekend after we paid full price for it. I'm not mad, I'm just questioning whether my shopping instincts are still intact.

I really want blue striped pillows. I have in my head what I want, and if I don't find it I search for it until I do. It's really one of my more annoying qualities...bc not only do I know what I want I also have a price range in my head.

As in...I'm not going to pay $50 for a pillow cover unless it sings to me...and maybe drys my hair in the morning. Who am I kidding...I don't dry my hair, baha.

What is more even annoying is that I only use my pickiness quality for purchases under say $500. My new-to-me car is the first car we test drove. My wedding dress was the first dress I tried on. But I will literally go to every fabric/home goods store known to man until I find blue striped pillow covers UNDER $20. Yes, I'm even up to sewing the dang things myself. Or you know asking Meme nicely to sew them for me.

I had almost hit a win-win at IKEA this past weekend. But no, they had yellow/white stripes and black/white stripes...they were out of stock of their blue/white stripes. The nice IKEA lady (not Swedish) tried to tell me I wouldn't notice the difference between the blue and black. But I would I so would. I tricked Joey into thinking I was going to the bathroom at the check out line but really I was getting a non-Swedish, $1 ice cream cone to soothe my soul. Oddly, the line was packed with boyfriends and husbands...who also needed to soothe their soul. Strong marriages endure IKEA, even stronger ones endure putting the furniture together.

One blue/white striped pillow option:

Dear Joey, Can I please haz $37 pillow covers from Austrailia.

BLUE WHITE STRIPES Cotton Cushion, Pillow Cover 45 x 45 cm (18 x 18 inch)

(via bestlilshop on Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment